Note for UCLA Health Facilities (Ronald Reagan, Med Plaza, Santa Monica, etc.): Contact email@example.com for all inquiries.
Note for students & the local community: This form is for UCLA Campus Departments only. Please visit the Los Angeles Sanitation S.A.F.E. Center located at UCLA for disposal of universal, electronic, and hazardous waste.
DUE TO HIGH NUMBER OF REQUESTS FROM CAMPUS RAMP-UP, PLEASE EXPECT A 2-WEEK LEAD TIME FOR ALL REQUESTS SUBMITTED THROUGH THIS ONLINE FORM. IF THIS IS AN URGENT/TIME-SENSITIVE ISSUE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN FSR. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.
Electronic Waste Pick-Up Instructions
While human-I-T will provide NIST800-88 data destruction which is HIPAA and Dept. of Defense compliant, please follow all IT Services protocol for inventory management and data security, such as clearing any sensitive data, prior to pick-up.
Pick-ups occur every Tuesday between 10am – 1pm.
Accepted and Non-Accepted E-Waste List
- Identify the nearest pick-up location
- Review the list of accepted and non-accepted materials before submitting a request form.
- If you missed your scheduled time frame, you will need to reschedule your e-waste pick-up and submit another request form.
- Buildings with a loading dock are expected to bring all of their electronic waste to the loading dock.
- Buildings without a loading dock must bring their electronic waste to the curb. For curb-side pick-ups, human-I-T will call you at the number entered on the form to meet you at the designated pick-up location to prevent equipment from being left out unsupervised.
- Note in the request form comments if your equipment is too large and you are unable to bring equipment to the designated pick-up location.
The most common non-accepted item is household appliances, which include lamps, microwaves, refrigerators, and freezers. Please submit a Facilities Service Request (FSR) for removal of these items.
Note: If you are requesting e-waste to be picked up on-site (e.g. your office, suite, department) or have materials that are too large to be brought to the designated pick-up location, please submit an FSR.
Specialty Disposal (cannot e-waste)
Freezers, refrigerators, and other units containing Freon:
The Freon must be removed prior to disposal by Facilities Management. Please submit an FSR requesting ‘Freon Removal’. Once you have a Work Order #, submit a bulky item Removal Form below and attach the Work Order # to the unit for removal. There will be no additional cost for removal of the actual unit.
- Household batteries are not accepted as electronic waste. You can request a battery bucket in the form below.
- UPS battery systems, however, is accepted as e-waste.
Printer Ink, toner, and cartridges*
- 15 or fewer – use Campus Mail Code 152608 to send to Facilities for recycling.
- 16 or more – please submit an FSR for pick-up
- You can also send the empty ink back to the manufacturers if there is an available take-back program
Light bulbs are not considered e-waste — please submit an FSR for proper light bulb disposal.
*Non-state funded buildings will require an FSR for pick-up
Bulky Item/Furniture Pick-Up**
Do you have bulky items, such as household appliances or furniture, that need to be removed? Submit a request form below and Facilities will contact you to schedule your pick-up at no additional cost.*
Items in good condition will be donated to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles. When scheduling your pick-up, please leave a note on the items acceptable for donation. Please review the two links below for a guideline to donating goods.
Accepted and Non-Accepted Furniture List
Short Presentation on Donation Guidelines
*Bulky item pick-ups are limited to 5 bulky items (e.g. desk, chair, pallet piles, etc.) and 5 large bags of trash (e.g. miscellaneous waste or separated large amounts of recyclables such as large stacks of paper, books, or magazines). Free pick-up is available 1x/month per department and limited to materials that do not require special tools or resources. Requests over this limit will be categorized as a clean-out and will require an FSR.
If you are unsure what to do, please email us photos of your items or ask for help through our email at ZeroWaste@ucla.edu.
**Limited to State-funded buildings only.