- This event has passed.
Climate Research Symposium: Understanding current and future energy use in Los Angeles
November 30, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
This event will feature research that can help move the City of Los Angeles toward becoming the world’s most sustainable megacity by 2050. Join us to hear recent findings from UCLA and California State University Northridge researchers related to how climate change impacts our current and future energy use in Los Angeles.
Energy Atlas – Understanding Los Angeles energy use and preparing for a green energy future
- Dr. Stephanie Pincetl, Professor and Founding Director of the California Center for Sustainable Communities, UCLA Institute of Environment of Sustainability
Co-benefits of Climate Mitigation on Air Quality and Human Health in Los Angeles
- Dr. Yifang Zhu, Professor, UCLA Department of Environmental Health Sciences
Green Jobs for LA’s Energy Transition – Quantification & Analysis
- Dr. Raúl Hinojosa-Ojeda, Associate Professor and Founding Director of the North American Integration and Development Center, UCLA Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies
Community Emission Reduction Grant Assistance and Training Program
- Dr. Crist Khachikian, Professor, Civil Engineering and Construction Management, California State University, Northridge
- Dr. Natale Zappia, Associate Professor, California State University, Northridge Department of History, and Director, Institute for Sustainability