Policy Target: reduce single-occupant student commuting by 10% from 2015 levels and have 50% zero emission or hybrid fleet by 2025
UCLA has a comprehensive award winning sustainable transportation program that offers transit subsidies through six different transit agencies, carpool and vanpool programs, bicycle rental and department bike programs, car share through zip car, and more.
As a result, UCLA has been able to reduce the percent of employees driving alone to campus to under 50% and students to 24%. The average in Los Angeles is 74% of people driving alone.
Overall, more than 63% of all commuters travel to UCLA by some form of sustainable transportation. This helps to achieve our long-term goal of at least 70% overall sustainable commuting by 2050.
UCLA has met their campus fleet goal and increasingly purchases zero emission and sustainable fuel vehicles – currently over 60%.
To learn more about how to get to campus in a sustainable way and reduce your footprint click here. You can also check out the UCLA Transportation Facebook Page for news and updates or the Be a Green Commuter Blog.
- Key Planning Documents and Awards information
- UCLA Sustainable Transportation Plan 2019-2026
- UCLA Active Transportation Plan
- 2015 Sustainable Transportation Plan Progress Report
- UCLA Bicycle Master Plan
- UCLA Climate Action Plan
- 2019 State of the Commute Report
- 2018 State of the Commute Report
- 2017 State of the Commute Report
- 2016 State of the Commute Report
- 2015 State of the Commute Report
- 2014 State of the Commute Report
- 2013 State of the Commute Report
- 2012 State of the Commute Report
- 2011 State of the Commute Report
- 2010 State of the Commute Report
- 2009 State of the Commute Report
- 2008 State of the Commute Report
Media and Awards
- UCLA Newsroom: UCLA reaches lowest drive-alone rate yet
- UCLA Magazine Feature: The road to car-free commutes
- UCLA Magazine Feature: UCLA has taken important steps to make the campus accessible to cyclists
- Blog: Be A Green Commuter
- Bicycle Friendly University: Bronze Level Award
- Best Workplaces for Commuters, Gold Status