Want to make a positive difference in environmental impact and social equity? You may be interested in being a Dining Sustainability Assistant, who will assist with projects and initiatives in undergraduate dining.
Dining Sustainability Assistant (Paid, On-campus)
Currently Hiring – 2/20/17
Position will begin in Spring Quarter.
The Dining Sustainability Assistant will assist with a range of projects and initiatives in UCLA Residential Dining and Catering to support progress towards sustainable food systems and sustainable food service operations. The assistant will work with the sustainability staff in Housing Administration and with staff in Dining Services.
Duties will include:
- Manage the sustainable food data collection and tracking process: Work with Dining staff to develop improved tracking systems using FoodPro and other existing tools, assist with the sustainable food reporting process, and produce data analysis reports which contribute to UCLA’s annual sustainable food reporting process to Princeton Review, AASHE STARS, Sierra Club’s Cool Schools, UCLA’s Sustainable Food Systems Report and University of California’s Office of the President.
- Coordinate and promoted sustainability education and outreach programs to students, staff, faculty and outside guests including but not limited to: Trayless Dining, Green Mondays, and Meet the Vendors Farmers’ Market. The education and outreach programs are designed to inform and educate over 11,000 student residents and 1,500 staff members on sustainable living, dining, and behavioral change.
- Served as liaison and resource to UCLA campus, students, vendors, outside organizations and UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services staff; providing general information, answering inquiries and promoting sustainability goals.
- Assist with the training of Dining staff on relevant sustainability concepts including sustainable food criteria, waste management and water conservation.
- Other duties as assigned.
MUST BE A CURRENT UCLA STUDENT. Experience or coursework in food systems, sustainability, environmental impact, accounting, or economics preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with cold calling and interfacing with new people. Ability to work independently. Ability to effectively organize and meet established deadlines.
Pay Rate: $11.50/hr (Work-study students preferred)
Hours per Week: 10-15
DEADLINE: Monday, March 6th
Sustainability Manager, UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services
email@example.com | (310) 825-5873