Certified Green Restaurant®
Rendezvous is the first UCLA restaurant to obtain a certification from the Green Restaurant Association. In 2012, Rendezvous received a two-star rating with 202.17 points.
More than 75% of the points resulted from:
• Vegan, vegetarian, organic, free range, cage-free, and local food
• Pre- and post-consumer composting and recycling
• Energy Star devices and other energy-saving measures
The certification helps Housing & Hospitality Services reach goals within the Sustainability Plan:
• certifying one restaurant on the residential Hill, and
• meeting the UC Sustainable Practices Policy through purchasing, energy reduction, waste reduction, green cleaning, and sustainable food purchases.
Read more in UCLA Today.