- This event has passed.
Sustainable Works Eco Star Awards
March 11 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
“Out of Crisis & Intro Resiliency”
Join us for a Sustainable Wine, Honey Tasting & Vegan Dinner Experience hosted by special guest emcee Billy Harris!
The Sustainable Works Eco Star Awards 2021 is going virtual with a fun and interactive at-home fundraiser celebrating the achievement of influential environmental leaders making valuable contributions to climate change and sustainability in our community.
In addition to recognizing the Eco Star Award Honorees, the evening will feature eco-friendly, locally-sourced cuisine from Akasha, sustainable wine, a bee farm tour and honey tasting from Eli of Eli’s Bees, entertainment by DJ Lee Dyson, games, online auction, prizes, networking, and more at-home fun!
Join us on Zoom for an inspiring and interactive evening that celebrates the work and dedication of influential environmental leaders and sustainability advocates.
– Patagonia, an American outdoor clothing company that commits 1% of its total sales to environmental groups and takes action on the most pressing environmental issues facing our world
– Akasha Richmond, Award-winning Chef and Owner of Akasha Restaurant, a Culver City Certified Sustainable Business.
You’ll also have an opportunity to meet others who, like you, have a strong interest in the environment and sustainability.
This truly is a ZERO WASTE event!
The 2020 Eco Star Awards are proudly sponsored by Southern California Edison, SONY Pictures Entertainment, LAcarGUY, Servicon, Athens Services, Cedars-Sinai, JW Marriott Le Merigot, Shore Hotel, and EcoLab.
– “Supporter” Ticket = $40 – All tickets include access to virtual awards presentation, festivities, music, cooking demo, Eli’s Bees Farm Tour, networking, and online auction
– “The Bee’s Knees” Ticket = $65 – also includes Raw Honey Tasting Kit (4, 4-oz. jars of raw local honey from Eli’s Bees)to be delivered the week of the event. ***NOTE*** MUST PURCHASE TICKET BY MARCH 3 at 5PM.
– “The Works” Ticket = $110 – also includes 4-course Vegetarian or Vegan meal from Akasha (Click here to view menu) year, honey tasting kit from Eli’s Bees (4, 4 oz. jars of raw local honey), a bottle of sustainable wine (first 50 ppl), and a sustainable gift bag. Dinner can be picked up from Akasha Restaurant (9543 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA) between 1 pm and 8 pm on 3/10 or on 3/11 between 1 pm and 6 pm. Meal can be stored in the refrigerator. Or, you can call the restaurant to schedule delivery for an additional charge. **** NOTE *** MUST PURCHASE TICKET BY MARCH 5 at 5PM.
About our Emcee, Billy Harris:
For the past twenty-five years, Billy Harris has been wowing audiences throughout the United States and around the world. His razor-sharp timing and brilliant improvisational skills have made him one of the most sought-after MC’s in the business. A cousin of Vaudeville great Georgie Jessel, Billy has been performing his entire life. By the tender age of five and a half, he understood how to “work a room”!
Additionally, Billy has raised hundreds of Millions of Dollars for No Kid Hungry, The New York Food Bank, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, Autism Speaks, The James Beard Foundation, March of Dimes, The Roundabout Theatre and the National Institute of Health…just to name a few.
Sustainable Works needs your support to expand its valuable work educating students, the public, the business community about sustainable best practices for our everyday lives.