- This event has passed.
South Coast AQMD Environmental Justice Conference
October 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
South Coast AQMD presents the 7ᵗʰ Annual Environmental Justice Conference, The Fight for Clean Air, Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
In-Person and Online
In-Person Event at Capacity
We are excited to announce an exclusive fireside chat with our 2021 Keynote Speaker, Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger! Lou Calanche, Executive Director of Legacy LA, will serve as this year’s Emcee.
This half-day in-person and virtual event provides an opportunity to engage in innovative, cutting-edge ideas and solutions from public agencies, community-based organizations and public health guides who seek to create a more healthy and clean air future for all communities and residents.
We invite attendees to:
- Exchange valuable strategies to engage and advocate for clean air and healthy sustainable communities for all;
- Engage in discussion about important tools and programs to promote community health and safety; and
- Network with leading experts and key stakeholders who are passionate in creating long-term solutions and providing resources.
- The in-person and virtual locations will both include Spanish interpretation. For in person attendees, complimentary breakfast, lunch, and parking will be provided. Safety protocols will be in place for attendees registering to attend in person.
Panels: Restoring Environmental Justice Through Policy, Surviving the Pandemic Through Community Engagement, Environmental ARTivism, and Clean Air Heroes on the Move
Cost: Free (Registration is required)
COVID-19 Policy: Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to the start of the conference will be required for admittance into the convention center.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination includes:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) Which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date doses administered); OR
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document; OR
- A photo of the vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; OR
- Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader: name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type
REMINDER: Mask wearing is required indoors during the event unless you are actively eating or drinking.
South Coast AQMD welcomes all community members to join and participate in its programs and activities. For more information or questions about physical accommodations, please reach us at EJCP@aqmd.gov.