- This event has passed.
Our Climate Crisis: A Guide for SoCal Communities in the Wildland Urban Interface
February 8 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Led by the Malibu Foundation, this highly collaborative project assessed the social vulnerabilities and physical hazards of living in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) region and identified how we can more equitably mitigate and adapt to climate change through community engagement and multi-level stakeholder support.
Zoom Meeting: https://pepperdine.zoom.us/j/83251357152
Presentation of report findings and discussion of next steps to strengthen climate resilience by sustainability planning experts Shea Cunningham and Dean Kubani
Co-Hosted by Dr. Chris Doran, Pepperdine’s Sustainability Program and Trevor Neilson, Co-Founder of the Climate Emergency Fund
Project Advisory Committee Panelists:
• Ryan Craig, Resilient Palisades
• Professor Madelyn Glickfield, Local Water Policy Expert
• Cassandra Rauser, PhD, UCLA Sustainable LA Grand Challenge
• Clark Stevens, Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains
• Brent Woodworth, Los Angeles Emergency Preparedness Foundation