- This event has passed.
LA County Stormwater, Health & Equity Regional Workshop
April 4, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Please join Prevention Institute, community leaders, agency staff, residents and other stakeholders from communities across Los Angeles County for an engaging conversation on the connections between stormwater, health and equity. Participants at this half-day event will have the opportunity to network with issues experts and decision-makers to learn more about the Safe, Clean Water program and funding measure. One of the purposes of this event is to obtain input from the participants with regard to the Safe, Clean Water Program.
Speakers and topics include:
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
Safe, Clean Water Program and Funding Measure
- Mark Pestrella, Director, LA County Department of Public Works
Setting the Stage: Stormwater, Health and Equity
- Dr. Barbara Ferrer, Director, LA County Department of Public Health
- Elva Yañez, Prevention Institute
Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Norma Garcia, Chief Deputy Director, LA County Department of Parks & Recreation
- Roxana Tynan, Executive Director, Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy
- Rita Kampalath, Sustainability Program Director, LA County Chief Sustainability Office
Registration is required and space is limited. Light breakfast and coffee will be served. Spanish translation available.
Please forward this notice to friends, neighbors and colleagues who might be interested in attending. For questions about the event, please contact Taylor Andelman at email@example.com
DATE AND TIME
Wed, April 4, 2018
8:30 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
1051 North Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012