- This event has passed.
Discussion on Los Angeles County’s Climate Vulnerability Assessment
April 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The USC Schwarzenegger Institute, the UCLA Luskin Center, and the Los Angeles Business Council invite you to join the Los Angeles County Chief Sustainability Office for a discussion of the Los Angeles County Climate Vulnerability Assessment.
Just over two years ago, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors unanimously adopted the OurCounty Sustainability Plan, which set forth a bold, people-centered vision for making our communities healthier, more equitable, economically stronger, and better prepared for the future. The OurCounty Plan directed the preparation of this Climate Vulnerability Assessment to help understand the risks and challenges that a changing climate will bring to people living in Los Angeles County.
This event will include an overview of the Climate Vulnerability Assessment, what it means for different communities in Los Angeles, and discuss strategies to adapt Los Angeles to a changing climate.
- Holly Mitchell, Los Angeles Supervisor
- Ricardo Lara, California Insurance Commissioner
- Fran Pavley, Environmental Policy Director, USC Schwarzenegger Institute
- Gary Gero, Chief Sustainability Officer, Los Angeles County
- Jisung Park, Assistant Professor, UCLA, and Associate Director, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation
- Mary Leslie, President, Los Angeles Business Council