- This event has passed.
CSU Earth Day 2021: Taking Action for People & the Planet
April 22, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Sustainability Officers across the California State University system are once again collaborating to organize a virtual event in honor of Earth Day 2021! These events are meant to expose students and campus community members across California to young leaders of the inclusive sustainability and climate justice movement and inspire them to take action.
You are invited to join a dynamic 1-hour panel discussion followed by action-oriented, 30-minute breakout discussions led by our panelists and other sustainability leaders.
- Kristy Drutman | Climate Activist & Digital Media Strategist, Brown Girl Green
- Sage Lenier | Educator, Zero Waste USA
- Kevin J. Patel | Founder & Executive Director, OneUpAction
- Myroslava Fisun | Hub Coordinator, Bay Area Sunrise Movement
- Moderated by Armando Sepulveda | CSU Student & Sustainability Officer, Cal State Student Association
- Intersectional Environmentalist with an Emphasis on Environmental Racism – Facilitated by Kevin Patel, Founder and Executive Director, OneUpAction
- Environmental Storytelling: Creative Brainstorming Session – Facilitated by Kristy Drutman, Climate Activist and Digital Media Strategist, Brown Girl Green
- Solutions-Focused Community Work for a Sustainable Future – Facilitated by Sage Lenier, Educator, Zero Waste USA
- The Role of Youth in the Climate Movement: Why and How Every Young Person Should Engage in the Fight for Climate Justice – Facilitated by Myroslava Fisun, Hub Coordinator, Bay Area Sunrise Movement
- Pushing Sustainability through University Policy and Student Government – Facilitated by Armando Sepulveda II, CSU Student and Sustainability Officer for Cal State Student Association
- CSU Divestment 101 – Facilitated by Lisa Swartz, Cal Poly SLO student leader of the Divest the CSU organization and Legislative Affairs Manager at CA League of Conservation Voters
- People Power: Changing What’s Possible for Climate Policy in California – Facilitated by Melissa Romero, CSULB alum and Legislative Affairs Manager at CA League of Conservation Voters
- Using Art to Avoid Burnout as a Climate Justice Activist – Facilitated by Katie Koscielak, Sustainability Officer at Humboldt State