- This event has passed.
COVID-19 and Environmental Law
April 24 @ 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
DATE: Friday, April 24, 2020
TIME: 1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
The UCLA Emmett Institute and UCLA Institute for Technology, Law and Policy invite you to a Zoom conversation on COVID-19 and environmental law with UCLA Law faculty this Friday, April 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT
UCLA Law professors William Boyd and Ann Carlson will respond to questions for environmental law amid the global response to the coronavirus pandemic. Professor Richard Re will moderate the conversation, addressing issues such as:
- Reductions in Los Angeles air pollution
- Federal regulatory rollbacks during the pandemic
- Lessons from the coronavirus pandemic for law and policy approaches to climate change
- Impacts on the oil and gas sector – and global energy markets
The event will last approximately 50 minutes and will allow for Q&A. Participants will be asked to submit questions via the Zoom chat channel.
- William Boyd, Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law; Professor, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability. Full bio.
- Ann Carlson, Shirley Shapiro Professor of Environmental Law, UCLA School of Law; Faculty Co-Director, UCLA Emmett Institute on Climate Change and the Environment. Full bio.
Richard Re (moderator), Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law; Co-Director, UCLA Institute for Technology, Law and Policy; Faculty Co-Director, PULSE (Program on Understanding Law, Science & Evidence). Full bio.
In addition to the Zoom conversation, UCLA Emmett Institute faculty are addressing environmental issues in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic and celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day this week with a series of posts on the Legal Planet blog. Subscribe to Legal Planet.