Want to make a positive difference in environmental impact and social equity? You may be interested in being a Housing Sustainability Assistant, who will assist with projects and initiatives in undergraduate residential housing.
Housing Sustainability Assistant (Paid, On-campus)
Currently Hiring – 5/25/16
The Housing Sustainability Assistant will assist and support the Sustainability Manager with a range of projects and initiatives in Housing & Hospitality Services, focusing on sustainability. The Sustainability Assistant will work with Sustainability and Housing staff members in the Sproul Housing Admin office.
Duties will include:
- Manage data collection and tracking of key sustainability metrics such as sustainable purchasing, utility consumption, and waste diversion: Explore improved tracking methods and reporting tools.
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of existing Housing sustainability programs: Maintain the H&HS Sustainability website and Facebook account, develop sustainability resources for students and staff, etc.
- Conduct research on potential new initiatives and opportunities that will contribute to the achievement of campus-wide sustainability goals.
- Support events and programs related to sustainability in Housing, such as Green Gala and the annual Clothes Out program.
- Assist with the training of H&HS staff on relevant sustainability concepts.
- Assist with the implementation of new sustainability programs/initiatives such as the
- Luskin Conference Center Green Seal certification and the roll-out of a Hill-wide composting program.
- Develop educational materials for residents and coordinate outreach campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
MUST BE A CURRENT UCLA STUDENT. Experience or coursework in energy efficiency, sustainability, environmental impact, accounting, or economics preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with cold calling and interfacing with new people. Ability to work independently. Ability to effectively organize and meet established deadlines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Pay Rate: $11.50/hr (Work-study students preferred)
Hours per Week: 12-15 (up to 30 hrs/week available in the summer)
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter briefly explaining why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Sunday, June 12th
Sustainability Manager, UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services
email@example.com | (310) 825-5873